Sunday, November 15, 2009

Escape!



I chose this picture for my very first post since it seems to capture the relief of the escape!  We have three daughters and have tried just about every version of schooling available.  With one in college, one in high school, and the littlest in 2nd grade I figured it was about time to try homeschooling the 2nd grader.  Why the heck did I wait so long??  We are having a great time.  I mean, so far we are having a great time.  We only started this school year...but still!  I regret not giving it a go with the big girls.

This picture was taken at a rehabilitated seal release.  My T and her friend pulled their money together and sponsored a sick harbor seal so they were invited to the release.  Very cool experience!  Those svelte little seals flap-flopped their way right into the waves.  They were obviously relieved/thrilled/happy to be in their ocean.  I'm sure the boaters and fishermen would have different ways of dealing with harbor seals in need, but I'm glad that my little T felt the need to help a creature.

Click here to see the release on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love a discussion!