Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today, February 1, 2010 (written on Sunday, Jan. 31, 2010)...

Outside my window...the sun is shining, birds are arguing over the bird feeder, the neighbor's horses are lazily swishing their tails enjoying the sun, and people are walking their dogs around the dry (ish) lakebed.

I am thinking...that I need to incorporate more hand's on activities to our homeschool.  I get caught up in completing books/worksheets.  I need to remind myself that sometimes the best lessons can't be put in a folder.

I am thankful for...the fact that the not-so-great things that have happened this past month could have been much more horrible.

From the learning rooms...we are learning about money, metaphors, magnets, the Byzantine Empire, the Latin root, "port,"  and starting to learn all about horses.

From the kitchen...I am hoping that I somehow get struck with some creativity.  I am in a serious food rut.

I am wearing...jeans (always), white shirt, fluffy red sweater, and thick, thick socks (for some reason, my medication makes my feet freezing!).

I am creating...the last touches on a website for a great organization, LOT318.

I am going...to finish the laundry today and I'm not going to grump at anyone ALL day.

I am reading...I just finished City of Thieves by David Benioff (loved it!) and am starting Cutting for a Stone by Abraham Verghese tonight.

I am hoping...that my husband will get a long term job WITH his trailer on rental...please, please, please.

I am hearing...All I Can Say by David Crowder Band over and over again.

Around the house...it is quiet.  The dogs are sleeping, everyone is at church with me stuck at home with my feet up hoping my blood clots heal quickly (whine, whine, whine).

One of my favorite things...a regular football Sunday (church, lunch, football, friends).  I'm kind of sad that Superbowl is already upon us.  

A few plans for the rest of the week:  getting haircuts at friend's home so my I can keep my feet up, getting bloodwork done, steam cleaning the shower (I know, weird...but I LOVE my steam cleaner), touching up the paint in the den, and praying the whole time that we can cope and provide for our family.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...this is our "horrible" winter in So. Cal.  (taken on Saturday morning):

For more daybooks or to join the fun, go to The Simple Woman's Daybook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love a discussion!