I had a week of doctor fun for myself and learned how to harpoon myself (twice daily injections) and take rat poison (I do not lie) for my monstrous jello blood (big ol' blood clot - thank you Yaz). I was worried that we would get behind this week, but the enthusiasm of getting back into the swing of school kept us on track.
I am constantly amazed at how many little snippets I would miss if I weren't homeschooling my 7 year old. Here is my Weekly Wrap Up as quoted from my 2nd grader:
- "There's no way you would find me in a catacomb...totally structurally unsound!"
- "History is the coolest ever!"
- "You're...you're...you're just like Julius Caesar!" (said to big sis being a big sis)
- "Seriously, Mom, why don't they just start out with multiplication...it makes everything so much easier."
- "Ok, so let me think a minute....OH, OH, OH I GOT IT!" (and she did)